Inverse is seeking a creative Social Media Fellow to join our growing audience development team. Working out of our office in Soho, the three-month-long paid fellowship will assist the social media team in managing and increasing Inverse's profile on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and other social platforms.
Applicants should have a passion for great content and storytelling, along with an interest in science, technology, innovation, comics, video games, and/or geek culture. A knack for writing compelling copy as well as a great eye for images and video will be essential for success. While the Social Media Fellow will work closely with the editorial team, this is not an editorial position and writing articles is not a responsibility of the job.
This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate team at a growing start-up, while learning the ins and outs of social media and audience development in digital publishing.
Inverse is a technology-driven media company covering the future of how we live, work, and enjoy ourselves for an audience of forward-looking millennial curiosity-seekers. Through original reporting, news coverage, opinion, and analysis, Inverse provides its audience with a look ahead into everything from space travel, to the future of work and relationships, to what show they should be binge watching next.
- Manage, post, and curate social profiles on a variety of social platforms — including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Write compelling, creative copy and headlines for social posts that engage our readers.
- Choose engaging and contextual images for social article posts, as well as shareable memes and images to boost engagement on Facebook and Instagram.
- Monitor social events and breaking news to make sure social channels are consistently current and relevant to our audience.
- Have a finger on the pulse with social trends and strategy in order to recommend changes to the rest of the team.
- Work with our partners on social content swaps and with the team on syndication efforts.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and either a regular, personal user of several platforms or experience working with them in a professional environment.
- Strong grammar and written communication skills.
- A great eye for captivating visuals. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Ability to interpret data and apply it toward improving social posting practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a team player.
- A creative thinker, problem solver, sense of humor, and great attitude.
- Must be available 40 hours/week for three months.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.